Sunday, April 27, 2014

Which baby things do you which you had bought or that you did buy after you had your baby?

Q. I want to start preparing to buy stuff for my baby, I have tons of checklist but is there anything you wish you had bought or that you didnt think you would need but got when you had your baby? I want to be completely prepared!


Answer
swing
good swaddle blanket (The Ultimate Swaddle Blanket by Swaddle Designs is the BEST)
Aquaphor (for diaper rash and dry skin)
TONS of squeeze tube Vaseline (if it's a boy and you are having him circumsized...you put gobs of Vaseline on to keep the diaper from sticking until it is healed)
hand sanitizer - one for each room so you can make sure everyone is "clean" before holding your new little one!
music maker for crib (we have a fisher price "aquarium" that is great)
lansinol cream (if you are nursing)
Sheet savers (little things that go under the baby's head in the crib so if he/she spits up it doesn't ruin the whole sheet...and they will spit up...constantly)

Also, if you are nursing, find out about breast pump options/lactation consulant options in your area AND where to get good nursing bras. Check to see if your insurance will pay for the pump purchase or rental and visits from a consultant - those visits are priceless if you are nursing for the first time!

when it comes to the stroller - get a snap and go type thing (where the car seat can just pop in to it) to get yourself started - then buy a "real" one later once you have a better idea of your needs.
DON'T bother with a travel system - the stroller that comes with is always a little hoakey - I'll give you mine if you really want one! LOL! :-)

Check out the book Baby Bargains (or the website babybargains.com) for great parent reviews/recommendations.

Oh - I thought of more :-)
baby wipe warmer (some people think it's silly, but I liked it and I think it made late night diaper changes easier on my son)
Some sort of carrier (some people LOVE the ERGO - works with newborns through toddlers) but other people say you should wait until you have your baby to pick one, since different babies like to be carried in different ways)

First time mother-to-be needs advice about baby products?




KookiePenn


Hi everyone. I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first & there are SO many products out there, different brands, etc. Do any of you out there know of a website or some sort of resource which will have a checklist of everything you need for a new baby & which products are rated the best? Thank you :)


Answer
I know what you are going through it is overwhelming so many things. Iâm a mother of a 3 months old baby girl. I looked around in the internet and compared a lot of checklists, same are so long oh no. I think one of the best is Wal-Mart because it has the important things for baby 0-3 months checklist.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=584911
And later when the baby is born you can check the 4-12 months checklist. The only thing I would buy for 4-6 months right away is some cloths or better put it on your baby registry when you have one.
What I also like at walmart.com is the costumer reviews. So you can see how the products are, not from some company, no from real people who use it.
What I really recommend to get is a baby swing, a bouncer chair and a baby gym. This will be enough for the first couple months. I used the baby swing in the first 2 months everyday. The bouncer chair is good when you go somewhere so that the baby is not always lying on the floor. It is light und easy to take with for example to you parents or parents in law. Also I like to use it at home when Iâm in the kitchen. So the little one is not is with me and is not on the floor. The one I have is âFisher Price - Rainforest Bouncerâ you can easily detach the front part so that you have only the chair.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5420734
The baby gym is good so that the baby is entertain while you have to do other things at home and it is not only in is crib/basinet. I have the âFisher Price - Rainforest Melodies & Lights Gymâ my girl really likes the mirror, the butterflies and the rattle on it. Also she enjoys the lights and music on it.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5420733
The baby swing I have is "Fisher Price - Baby Papasan Cradle Swing, Nature's Touch" I'm very happy with it. I really like it that it swings two ways and more important my baby loves it.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4241567
For strollers I would go with a travel system where you have a stroller and baby car seat. This car seat is enough for a while, later when the baby is bigger you can get another one for older babies and toddlers.
One more thing receiving blankets get the oversize ones not the regular size they are too small. My baby girl likes still go get wrapped in the receiving blanket and the regular would be already to small after a weeks, the oversize is still big enough to wrap her into.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment