Tuesday, February 18, 2014

flying with a tw yr old and 2 month old?




Sharon S


I am going to be taking my 2 kids on an airplane in a few weeks and there dad is not going to be able to come with us. is there any suggestions for keeping my son (2) ocupied on the plan and at the airport since we will have a three hour lay over.


Answer
I traveled a few years ago with my 3 year old and 3 month old. It really went so much better that I was prepared for!

First of all - bring snacks! I bought a bunch of snack-size teddy grahams & goldfish crackers pouches, as well as some juice boxes. You might want to also consider bringing one or two more "substantial" snacks - a couple bananas, a bagel, snack-pack applesauce, etc.

The second thing is, of course, distraction/amusement. We bought my daughter her own little tiny backpack and filled it with - a coloring book & crayons, a board book, her favorite blankie, and couple of small toys. I also threw a couple snack goodies in there for her to find (A bag of M&M's and some fruit leather).

The other thing that helped us keep our daughter occupied was a walkman/cd palyer. I brought a "Toddler Favorites" cd and ALOT of extra batteries. She listened to that cd player from the minute the flight attendant said that it was ok to turn it on until we were about to land. She kind of quietly bopped to the music and even cat-napped a bit.

As far as the baby, I was just sure to have her nursing when we took off and when we landed, to help her with the ear-pressure adjustment.

Take care and Good luck!!! :)

Entertain 3 yr. old on plane?




Emily


Hi everyone! I'm traveling with my 3 year old son Henry soon, and I was wondering if anyone has successful methods to keep their toddlers entertained on the plane? I have a hard time keeping him from throwing a fit on planes.

iPad apps? DVD's? Toys?

Thank you SO much! :-)



Answer
How long is your flight? I would defenatly bring a portable DVD player. Also go to the dollar store and get a ton of little toys, books, ect., enough to fill a small backpack, and don't give it to him or show him the toys till on the plane. Also get lots of drinks and snacks:)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment