Thursday, March 6, 2014

Is this wise... With a 7 month old?




nicky


Hello

I had a baby 7 months ago the father my bf of 4 years left me when our baby was 1 week old ever since then I've have to see him three times a week to hand baby over and it's driving me mad I need a change if scene as the past year has been tourture for me.

Would It be ok to take me baby from uk to USA for 2 or 3 weeks, is travelling with a baby hard?

Thanks



Answer
I don't believe you do need the father's permission to leave the country with your son... My son was born in the UK but we live in Italy. I have been able to travel frequently between the two countries without gaining any type of permission. Of course, if you have a formal arrangement for access, this may be different.

As for travelling with a 7 month old, I never had any problems as he would sleep at regular periods and was not toooooo active at that age and just sat or slept on my lap on the flight, he wasn't too heavy to carry around int he airport etc. But I made short haul flights. UK to USA is a lot further. You'll need to organise the baby's passport of course, in case you haven't already. And any visas etc.

In the airport you will need to open and taste a certain amount of food and milk that you carry on for your baby and you will need to organise a bassinet on the flight, if there is one available.

You'll need to think about what to take: pushchair, car seat, travel cot, toys, food, clothes, nappies, etc. The list is endless with little ones!

Good luck

Traveling w/2 babies!?




konshesgir


Any moms out there with any good advice on traveling with a 22-month-old and a 3 month old w/a 5 hour layover in Miami...then a 2.5 hour flight...

Any tips will be appreciated!



Answer
You will want an aisle seat as the 22 month old will probably want to wander around Make sure the airline knows you have the 2 babies as they may be able to give you a seat with a wall in front some of the bigger airlines have a baby cot to hang on the wall The 3 month old will probably sleep a lot . Take some healthy nibbles for the 22 month old but no hard toys as could be dangerous if he or she starts throwing. A book or 2 would be good. Make sure you have a change or 2 of clothes for the children and some wipes. I dont know if you have a pram for them for your layover if not ask airport staff if there is a possibility of borrowing one. Keep calm




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment