Friday, March 7, 2014

Prevent Car sickness in toddler?




txblondi76


My son is 2 1/2 and we do alot of traveling. Everytime we have gone about an hour and a half to 2 hours into the trip he throws up everywhere and I have to pull over , change him and clean up his carseat. I have bought some stuff for it before but didnt work. What works best for toddlers? We are going on a 13 hour trip in a few days. Thanks for the information.
It only happens once about 2 hours into the trip. Not every 2 hours.



Answer
liquid Dramamine 1 hour before you get in the car. you could also try putting a Sea-Band on his wrist, but he might not like that much.

* Car trips: It will help if your child looks out the window. Do not look down at books or games in car. After age 12, children can sit in the front seat.
* Meals: Eat light meals before or during trips.

5 hour plane flight with a toddler - any remidies for air sickness and sleeplessness?




Valerie H


I will be taking a cross country flight from LAX to Boston this September with my child who will be 18 months then. This will be her first flight. She is very active and we opted to pay for a seat for her so we can have her in her car seat in the plane - rather than trying to hold her on our laps for 5 hours. I know about the ear popping thing on take off and landing - Im just curious if there is something herbal or a medicine I can give to her to make her sleep or not get airsick on the flight.


Answer
Teething tablets are herbal remedies that some parents use to calm babies. They are at walmart and most drug stores.They disolve on the tongue and really chill out your baby. (My child was so chilled that I tossed them in the trash, it kinda weirded me out...)
I traveled with my little one at that age and found that activities for older kids really kept her occupied. We strung beads and played with little lego blocks that are off limits for kids under 3. My little one liked the challenge and the newness of the toys. She is an active little thing, too. A portable DVD helped, as did having her in the car seat. I would not take her out unless it was really an emergency. That way she thinks that it is not even in the realm of possilbilities while riding on the plane. Otherwise you'll be juggling her in your arms and cursing the money you paid for the extra seat.
Lastly, bring you sense of humor and some extra cash. If she is smacking the seats of your neighbors or being really loud, ask if you can buy them a drink. Heck, you have one as well. Those evil stares and whispers turn to praise when you are paying for the booze! Enjoy your trip.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment