Thursday, December 19, 2013

Anyone have any tips for traveling with infants during the holidays?

travel toys infants on Infantino | Baby Toys, Carriers, Travel Gear, & Shopping Cart Covers
travel toys infants image



lizette811


My daughter will be 11 months old, and we're going to visit my in-laws for a week between thanksgiving and christmas. We've flown with her before, so we're not completly unexperienced. But would love any tips anyone out there can give me on making this holiday journey easier on all of us! thanks!


Answer
bring extra of EVERYTHING!!
we didnt bring enough when we went traveling and it was a big mistake, lost the only pacifier, spilled the cheerios, not enough toys to keep the baby entertained, but wipes are a big hand...bring lots of those they can be used for baby and yourself and also as toilet paper, as hand wipes, as a car cleaner...almost anything!

What was your favorite and most used gift from your baby shower?




Cmeyer


I am curious what your favorite gift was and most used gift that you received from your baby shower? My favorite gift was probably the baby carrier and my most used would have to be between a travel system stroller and baby swing. I am trying to figure out a gift to get my cousin whose pregnant. I already know that her parents are getting a lot of gifts she will need for the baby. I also am wondering what smaller gifts you liked receiving?


Answer
Most practical was definitely an infant car seat from my friend. Cara grew out of it at about 7months, but I used it up until then and I'm definitely keeping it for #2. They are pretty expensive though, and you have to make sure that it's compatible with the car. This isn't small, but it was the most useful.

I have a baby blanket from when I was little, so it was sentimental receiving blankets. They're very basic, but useful and I appreciated them a lot. I got 17 of them though, so if you want to get your cousin something more unique, maybe you could monogram it.

Pacifiers, bottles, etc. all come in handy a lot, especially since Cara liked to throw her bottles to the floor and they would roll away somewhere we couldn't find them (until, of course, they started to smell...). Some good brands for these are Nuby, Graco, etc.

also, any type of organizer is great! I have a really cute one that I actually bought myself, it used to hold diapers and such now it holds bath toys, pull-ups and clothes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment