Friday, January 3, 2014

Anyone ever take their toddler on a plane?

toddler toys for plane travel on Outdoor Toys for Toddlers - Toys for Active Play | Galt Toys
toddler toys for plane travel image



Lanna'sMam


I myself have only been on a plane one time. My daughter is 3 and we pretty much have to fly cross country. Any tips?


Answer
I fly with my son all the time. He is 21 months right now. The key is to keep them entertained and to fly with them on their routine as much as possible. For me that meant flying early in the morning or right after lunch. This way he'll take a nap on the plane, or be less cranky. I just took him to Hawaii three months ago - by myself. We traveled for 15 total hours between connecting flights and layovers. He got a bit cranky at times, but nothing too severe.

Bring candies for all of the flight attendants. Usually some chocolates. I did this because I told them that I would be hanging around the galley probably when he starts to lose his patience. Not only did they not mind me hanging out with them, but they were very helpful for me and constantly checked on me.

Bring tons of snacks that your toddler will like. I didn't bring electronic toys such as noise makers and video for him to watch. I read him books, let him play with a seat belt extender and he looked out of the window. When he starts getting out of control, simply take them for a walk up and down the aisle. If you must, go into the restroom and let them scream.

It is not easy flying with a toddler by yourself, but you'll be fine. Oh, one more tip to break the ice for your fellow passengers. I brought a huge bag of earplugs and offered them to everyone within three rows in front and behind me. Everyone laughed and said they didn't mind. But it took care of them looking at me the entire flight wondering when I was going to shut my kid up.

Any advices for traveling on an international flight with a baby and a preschooler?




Mod W


I am wondering if anyone could give me an advice for traveling on an international flight with a baby and a preschooler? I am planning a trip to visit my family in Thailand at the beginning of next year. My children will be 3 years old, and 4 months old. It is scaring to think about being alone with 2 little ones on a 20 hours flight from US to Thailand. Please let me know. I need an advance suggestions to prepare. Which airline is the best for traveling with the children?


Answer
bring some toys (noiseless ones would be very much appreciated by fellow flyers). Try to time your babies feeding so that it is happening during take off. Helps stop ears from popping and therefore no crying.

Bring books to read for them, snacks are good too. you may want to bring a comfy pillow for your toddler as the ones on the plane aren't comfy.

20 hour is an insanely long flight for them. wow! good luck. But just try to bring as many comforts of home and as many things to keep them amused as possible.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment