Sunday, March 30, 2014

tips for plane travel with a 7mth old?




mama


is there anything you can't take on a plane babywise?
does baby spend the entire flight on your lap?

I'm a first time mummy who has only been on short trips a few times many years ago - and never with a baby! i'm very, very nervous!!



Answer
The first time we traveled with my daughter she was 6 months old. So i brought a couple of things alone. They gave us a seat to put the car seat in so we could take her out but she spent most of the time sleeping.

As bad as it sounds we tried to pretty much wear her out before getting on the plane. I brought a bottle filled with formula and her favorite toy and my nursing blanket. We had a four and a half hour flight she fell asleep before getting on and woke up in the beginning. I tried to bottle feed but she didn't take so sadly I nursed her in the airplane bathroom. She slept for the remainder basically only waking up in the end but we played with her toys.

It was hard but we did pretty good. Best Wishes!

Traveling with a 6 month old, what to pack?




tRc11


I am going to see family in Florida in November, my baby will be 6 months. It's only 1.5 hour flight so I wouldn't need to pack much for the plane ride, but for the week I am there.
My question is, if you have traveled with your baby, what is something you wish you packed but forgot? I am going to bring the stroller, car seat, pack-n-play, diaper bag, clothes... Is there anything else I really should bring? I will probably buy diapers there. I want to limit my baggage as much possible! Thanks!



Answer
thermometer, tylenol, (never know when a fever will hit!) something for the baby to suck on or eat during take off (food in those mesh things is always good, a bottle, pacifier, whatever...it helps with the ear popping and to get them to fall asleep!)

buy the baby a new toy and don't give it to him/her til take the airport or the plane ride. hopefully that would alleviate crankinees bc they'd be so excited with their new toy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment