Thursday, January 9, 2014

What are some good quiet car toys for long trips with toddlers?

toddler toys to travel with on toddler toys are perfect for your little one s development these toys ...
toddler toys to travel with image



Miki


I have ADD so loud toys in the back seat can be a bit distracting while driving. I thought about coloring books and crayons but if they are dropped she can't reach them because of the safety harness and they can melt when left in a hot car. I am going to get some board books but would like other suggestions.
I'm looking for a bit of a low tech solution.
I'm fine with music, it usually helps me focus really.



Answer
Yeah, crayons are a pain in the butt in the car! My car seat is covered with melted crayon, and it doesn't come out easily!

Have you considered DVD players? They're not so noisy that you can't deal with it. And they'll keep the kids seriously busy and quiet. You could even try to get them to wear earphones so that you don't have to hear it at all. But when we travel, we use a laptop to play movies, and connect it to the car's audio system to get great sound.

How long is the trip? If it's more than a couple of hours, plan on frequent stops and carry a good variety of snacks. You'd be surprised how long a bag of fruit snacks or animal crackers will keep a child quiet, especially if it's a favored snack or one she hasn't ever seen but likes.

How do you protect a toddler during a tornado?




Bethanie


With all of the recent tornados that have occurred it has been making me think about how I should protect myself and my toddler in a tornado. We live in an apt. complex and are on the 2nd floor. I believe the safest place in my apt. is the bathroom or the closet. I am just wondering that if you are in the bathtub with a mattress pulled over the two of you, how should you be positioned in the tub? Should I be on top of my toddler, I am just wondering. If so, how would I hold my mattress and him at the same time. I have also read that the safest place for little kids is in a car seat. I am just trying to clear up what's factual and what is not. I also live about 8 minutes for a hospital. Would it be safer for me to drive to a hospital and get into the ground floor. I know it's a lot of questions but I am just wondering what's the best thing to do if you dont' have a shelter


Answer
If you are in a multi-level apartment complex, get to the lowest floor and into an interior area or room. This could be a hallway, bathroom, closet, or any other interior room. Take plenty of water, blankets, pillows, any special items your toddler needs such as diapers, medicine, something like a toy bear or stuffed animal to help keep him/her calm. Get as low as possible. Sit and hold your child in a manner where you have a good hold and where your arms/hands can protect their body.

If you can not get to a sturdier shelter, The National Weather Service states to find a low ditch or culvert and lay flat as can be face down if no other shelter can be found. This would be a last resort action. Do not try to outrun a tornado in a vehicle. Some tornadoes have been known to travel up to 70MPH. If caught in a vehicle, do not seek shelter under a highway overpass. Wind speeds are actually sped up through the overpasses.

You can keep alert by watching or listening to local news. Can also listen to NOAA weather radio. These radios alert you of any watches or warnings issued for your area. They can be purchased at almost any department store.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

1 comment: