Wednesday, March 26, 2014

children on planes?




Gale C


Does a child have to have a picture id to get on a plane. I'm taking my granddaughter on a trip and need to know if she needs a id.


Answer
A child under 16 does not need a government issued photo ID to travel within the continental US on a flight, but you are always better off having one if you can. An under age kid can bring their library card or school ID.....

They will NEED a valid passport and special written permission from the legal guardian to leave the country with you.

Just got back from a trip to Florida, and I advise you to carry as little as possible through security. It is a real hassle bagging your 3 oz liquids, removing shoes, toys and kid junk in the pockets.....
Put everything (except jewelry and medicine) in your checked baggage.

Does anyone have advice on air travel with 3 kids alone, ages 5-10?




marymel


I'm traveling alone next week with my 3 kids at 6:45 AM (a 17 hour transantlantic flight on Air Canada!)from LAX. Advice on what to carry on, activities for the plane (Air Canada does not provide kids activies or for that matter food from Los Angeles to Toronto), etc. would be appreciated


Answer
I would definitely bring snacks for them, even if the airlines provide food, it's usually stuff my kids won't eat. I would avoid gummy snacks, since those are too close to gel, which is now prohibited on flights. You should be allowed to pre-board as well, check with your airline for sure about that. If your finances allow it, I've found traveling with either a lap top computer or one of those portable DVD players a Godsend for kids, make sure the battery is charged as well (possibly get an extra as well). If they have a Game Boy, Nintendo also makes little game boy videos of movies, TV shows, etc. Other ideas would be to have them bring books on board, etc. I have 2 children, and I would STUFF each child a backpack of their stuff. Magna Doodles are great for younger kids, and hit the toy section of WalMart or Target for fun travel toys. I found stuff generally held the kids attention a little longer if it was new, so I'd usually purposefully keep stuff until after take off. Check out the TSA (US) web site on traveling with kids and make sure you explain fully to them the screening procedures. Here's the link. http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/index.shtm
Best of luck to you and hope you have a good flight.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment