Thursday, March 13, 2014

Minimalist,essential list for baby shopping?




Christina


I live in a one bedroom apt so space is an issue with me,which is also why there won't be a baby shower. What is your idea of a minimalist baby list? I've decided on a pack n play against crib already for space.also what's your opinion on bouncer vs swing?I'd really like to get only one of the two


Answer
Would a convertible crib from Ikea be better than a pack n play? It would certainly be more comfortable for the baby. If you got a crib top changer and under crib storage drawer from a reputable baby shop it would take up barely any more room than a pack n play and has the advantage of turning into a toddler bed later on. The underbed storage drawer can be used for storing baby linen and clothing if you don't have room for a dresser.
You'll want a stroller and a car seat. Given you have limited space I'd be looking at getting an umbrella style travel system like the The First Years Wisp or one of the Peg Perego ones.

I'd hold off on buying either a swing or a bouncer. My kids hated the swing and if I had known before my third that they were just as happy to sit in the stroller as they were to sit in the bouncer I would never have gotten that tripping hazard in the first place!

Toddlers and Disneyland???

Q. Hello I'm gonna be taking my 1 and 2 year daughters to Disneyland THIS weekend! ANd I wanted to know what other Moms suggest I take with me? (to make my trip go smoothly)

I'm making a list of what i need
Ex.
Extra Clothes
SUnblock
Diapers
Wipes
Snacks
etc. Also I am bringing a Harness Buddy just in case lol. Any ideas of things i need???

I don't wanna go unprepared! lol.

THanks a lot
I have plenty more things on my list, but i'm not listing them all. I just wanted to see if anyone went and said "Oh Geez I wish i would have broung________" SO yeah. LOL ANd of course i'm gonna bring a stroller I thought that was a given!. Ha


Answer
I also make sure to take ID information. I make up little cards with a recent picture of my child, and pertinent information. I list name, age, weight, height, any identifying birthmarks, allergies, and use a stamp pad to put their thumb print on it as well. In case (God forbid) that they ever got separated from me in that huge place, I would have instant, comprehensive information that could help find them. I also make sure to take a digital picture of them as soon as we get to the park so that I have a photo of what they are wearing that day (you can't always remember all that info when you are in a panic). I also had ID bracelets made up for my kids that they wear to theme parks that have their name and me and my husband's cell phone numbers on them. This is a good idea to have on them because your two year old is small enough they couldn't tell someone how to help them. All these things will help get your child back to you if they are ever lost (which hopefully will never happen, but I'd rather be prepared than at a loss in an emergency). If they have serious allergies, list that on the bracelet as well. I got mine at: http://www.makemethis.com/ for around $6 each.

Other things I pack for Disneyland:
- small first aid kit with bandaids and ointment: scraped knees happen, even at the "Happiest Place on Earth" : )
- Tylenol: even the best mommies can only take so much "It's a Small World" : )
- water bottles that you can refill
- pajamas: in a separate bag, pack pjs (I change my kids in the restroom right outside Disneyland when it is time to catch the tram back to the parking structure so that when they crash out in the car, I don't have to try to get them into pjs at home), and put light jackets in that bag too, and leave it in a locker on Main Street. If you need them when the sun goes down, you can go back to the locker to get them instead of dragging the bag around all over.
- Take advantage of Disney's customer service. Anything you purchase during the day can be sent to the customer service area in Main Street where you can pick it up as you leave. Much easier than carrying it around all day.
- Hats- for everyone... the sun will be brutal regardless of sunblock. Or, make that your souvenier!
- Pack all your stuff you will be carrying in a backpack. It makes it much easier to take on the rides with you. You won't want to leave it in the stroller while you wait in line.
- Bring a bike lock for your stroller. Just a simple combo one will do (like $3 at Walmart) to lock your stroller to a fence when you park to go on a ride. Yes, stroller theft is very uncommon, but it does happen. Insure you have a stroller to come back to, especially if you have an expensive travel system one.
- Copy of kids' medical/immunization records, and their medical/insurance cards: again, just in case.
- Camera!! : ) You don't want to miss the shots with Mickey!

Other tips for Disney:
- Go to Toon Town first. Get in line to see Mickey at his house first thing, 'cause later in the day, you could wait up to an hour and a half to see that mouse.
- Head to Fantasyland second. Dumbo and friends also fill up quickly, and you don't want to wait an hour to see Snow White- even if your toddler does.
- Skip the Winnie the Pooh ride. It's too psychodelic for little ones, dark and scary.
-Eat at unusual times. Eat at 11:00 instead of 12:00, and save yourself the line waiting and difficulty finding spots to sit.
- Even if you don't think your excited child will sleep, try to do something slower and more relaxing during their usual nap time so they can wind down a bit (take a jungle cruise, go on the monorail).
- If you get there before the gates open, take part in the "stroller brigade" led by the Mad Hatter and Alice. It is for all those in a stroller. They do a cute dance with the band playing in the background.
- Have fun!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment