Sunday, April 13, 2014

Air travel with baby? what is best to do for a one year old baby traveling on a long trip? seat ticket or lap?




NasleBaran


what do you think is best to do? purchasing a seat ticket or lap ticket for a one year old traveling a long distance? pls help mom choose, what if I buy seat ticket and he just doesnt want to sit in his seat at all.!!!


Answer
I have travelled with our kids when they were under 2 and they have sat in my lap without a problem. Normally the flights were 6 hours or less. If it is going to be longer than that then I would definitely buy a seat for the child. It is best if you bring the car seat for the child to sit in during this time as it is easier for the both of you. You can get up and walk around a bit with the child and it does help. Also bring a few toys & even a portable DVD player and it shouldn't be the problem. If it is possible you may want to travel at night, I found this easier as well, then you can both sleep.

Air travel with a 7 month old baby girl...?




Nekeura Ma


Ok so I have a long flight... It's like 5 hours to Bangkok then 2 hours stay and then another 2 hours flight to Singapore... I am traveling with a baby for the first time so can u suggest any tips and tricks??? I am intending on taking just a baby bag with me cz I don't want to hand carry alot of stuff especially with a baby in one arm... I am taking the stroller with me. And my baby girl has just started on semi solids like a month ago... So any thing I can give her to keep her calm and entertained? As i said ... Any tips and tricks u can give:) any kind of help will be much appriciated:) thanks...


Answer
Here a few quick tips for you.

Firstly, make sure you book a bassinet for your baby to sleep in. Take a change of t-shirt for you, just in case. Take a few soft baby toys and fabric books, linkies and the such like. Food wise, if you can take purees in pouches, they're probably easiest to carry. But check with your airline and airport as to what you are allowed. In the UK, parents have to taste their baby food in front of security staff! (see source for more on security).

Take enough food and milk for all your flights plus a little for delays.

Take a baby carrier if you can as you don't generally get the stroller back until baggage claim. It'll make the walk down the plane steps and through the airport much easier.

Good luck and try and relax.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment