Monday, April 14, 2014

Toddler on an airplane?




mommy of 2


My daughter and I are going on a trip, and I was wondering what kind of identification she will need, if any?

I was also looking for some tips on what kind of things to bring on the plane with me. Thank you!



Answer
Acceptable forms of identification are established by the T.S.A

However when a child under the age of 18 is traveling with an adult they are not required to show any identification. Unless the child is a lap child then they might ask to see Birth Cert. to verify age. If your going out of the country you will need a pasport. Me personally when I travel with my son (one year old) I bring a copy of his Birth Cert. Just in case. I have yet to be asked to show it. But the one time they might ask I want to make sure I do have it on hand.

About things for you to bring for your child. Anything that you know she likes that will keep here happy. Toys she really like if she has a favorit book or coloring books. Snacks she loves to eats. Any thing to keep her busy sitting down.
If you dont have a min. DVD player it is worth it to get one. A few of her fav. moves & your there in no time! ;o)

Hope this helps!

traveling with a toddler?




I DONT CAR


first let me say i put it here cause no one wanted to answer me in the travel section.

Okay, me and my daughter are going just out of the city, from dallas, tx to San antonio.
My daughter is 16 months, and i understand that i dont have to pay for her but, this is what ill have w/ me.

ill be carrying her, and have her backpack/diaper bag with me.
Do i need any kind of identification for her?
ill have 1 suitcase w/both of our things in it, plus her carseat..
i understood from a relative traveling that they weigh your bags, and we all know carseats are heavy! they almost charged my mom 50 bucks for whatever was in her bag a fwe weeks ago!
is this true?

how do i travel with a carseat?
i mean, i picture myself walking thru a crowded airport, holding my daughter in one arm, pulling the suitcase with is somehow holding the carseat!with the other and holding a piece of paper trying to find out where im suppose to be going!!
dont know how im going to do it?
any suggestions?



Answer
Contact the airline you will be flying with. They should be able to answer all your questions. You should not need identification for her, but again, ask them this question. Your carseat should be able to be counted as a piece of luggage. Each airline is different with their rules. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment