Sunday, April 13, 2014

Help traveling with a toddler?




YAHAIRA


I am traveling with my 1 year old to Dominican Republic and I have searched throughout the internet to find everything I can need during the trip in the airport and also in the island. We will be going away for 1 month and I feel like I need to make a long list. I am traveling with my husband and mother but Please help me make a list!
Thanks and Merry Christmas to you all and Happy new years!!!!!!!!!



Answer
Happy holidays to you, too.

For the trip there and back, I would suggest a mini DVD player, and some cute Little Einstein or other shows your child may want. Or, you can pack some headphones and let the child listen to some upbeat music, my little sister around two loves music. Coloring books? Wooden puzzles with limited amounts of pieces? Some of those puffy things (can't remember what they are called) in about the same texture of Cheerios, but with real fruit in them and they dissolve in little ones mouths. For children ten months and up. And If you get hungry, they taste pretty good ;D For at the island.. Some cute little bathing suits, special foods they may need, certain medecine, diapers, swimmies (water diapers) lots of clothes, favorite toys, ect. Here's an idea. For a few days, write down EVERYTHING your toddler uses/you use with him. EVERYTHING. Then, using that list, cross out certain things you won't need from the trip, or add more you think of relating to those things. When you're finished, make a final copy and cross out things as you pack. Make two copies, one to keep for the trip so when you're packing to leave the island you won't leave anything. Hope I helped

Toddler Must-Haves (or wants)?




Jenny


Ok community, I am a new auntie to two little newborn babies. Their moms got them really cool things that I did not even know existed 16 months ago when my daughter was born. For example, I never knew about the Moby Wrap, the Moses Basket, The Boppy Pillow (I found out about this when my daughter was 6 months old)... So I am reaching out now to find neat, cool, maybe unnecessary items that I can get for my 16 month old? She is walking, talking and all the cute things toddlers do but I really want to find some neat items for her. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help!


Answer
A tunnel is a must...she will LOVE it.I got a good one from IKEA but you can find them at any kids place.

Leapster fridge magnets?I think they are called.It has farm animals and its like a puzzle you put the two pieces together and they make the animal noise.It is so cute too because even if they put the wrong one together(like say a pigs tail and a duck head,it will say a pig duck?That's silly and do the song.A must!!!! My daughter would play wit that thing for hours and I could get dinner started and finished.

A magna doodle.At this age,they love to draw.I even went and got a dry erase mini board and carry it in the diaper bag because it will keep her interested for a long time.

toddler tape player with classic toddler tunes.

Her very own petite back pack to carry some of her dolls in?

A keyboard

the musical drum set you can buy at target.It is a drum and the lid comes off and inside is lots of music instruments.My daughter loves this and we use it lots.

Buckets...yes buckets.Bright ones.This is a fav thing.In the summer I just fill them up with warm water and lots of bubbles.Talk about hours of play.I even throw in a rag and she likes to wash her little animals and bike like a big girl:)

Sassy shape sorter.It is clear and small and easy for little hands

Non toxic clay.Thsi is good to let her mold and later paint when its dry.

Duplo block table that lifts up and stores blocks inside.Awesome!

Melissa and Doug make a puzzle type thing that has flaps on it and under it caome with magnetic pieces that you can move and hide under other doors.A must too.

A doll house with her own wooden dolls(this may work as a good Christmas gift)

A reusable sticker book.

Melissa and doug habitat..great for travel.

Play kitchen with pretend food.She even has a set of stainless steel pots and pans to play with.So cute and she loves them to bang on or pretend she is cooking like mommy.

A stroller/highchair/bed for her baby dolls

Play silk-the things you can do with this are endless.

hand puppets/finger puppets

Hats/sunglasses/scarfs...stuff to dress up in:)

Oh and this book called Where's the poop?A cute and funny book,my 20 month old daughter wants this one over and over again.You ask questions and she has to find the poop under the flaps.Sounds gross,but trust me.A great book when you are getting ready to potty train.

Speaking of potty training,the fisher price turtl ring that goes onto the toilet is a must when toilet training.

I have two girls and they are spoiled!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment