Friday, June 13, 2014

Any Tips for air travel with a toddler?




max's mamm


I am going alone to visit my parents. My 20 month old has flown before, but my husband and in-laws were with. I have packed a number of special toys, a video IPOD and snacks. What I would love are specific things that have worked for you. He is super busy!! What would not be appreciated are suggestions not to fly (not an option) or use Benedryl (he reacts)


Answer
Bring along new items that he has never seem before. I have taken toy cars (Hot Wheels) , playdoh, & coloring books. Make a trip to the Dollar tree before you go and stock up on small items you think he would like. A good friend of mine is traveling to Australia next month from the eastern US with two toddlers and a newborn. Imagine that. Hopefully your trip is not nearly as long! Good luck.

Air Travel With Toddlers?




Rachel


I'm going on a trip with my twins, they are 18months old. The trip starts with a 6hr plane trip, with one stop and then a 4hr car ride. My children have been on a plane, but they were only 4mos old and slept the entire time, and the longest car trip they've been on is 30minutes, so I'm concerned. My son is pretty laid back, but my daughter can get restless quickly. The plane ride we will not have car seats, so my mother and I will be holding them the entire flight. I need all the creative tips and advice to make this trip as smooth as possible.


Answer
Get a portable DVD player and movies that they like. Hope for a nap during the flight, many kids will fall asleep on the plane. Bring snacks, toys that are fun but not obnoxious, and books to read. Pack enough diapers for the both of them and a change of clothes for everyone.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment