Saturday, June 7, 2014

I need Input on traveling by Air India with 2 year old daughter.?




payal p


Hi, I am traveling through Air India with my 2 year old daughter from Chicago to Mumbai. This is my first time traveling with her and I am little nervous as I heard some bad things about Air India. I want to know if you have traveled Air India with a toddler and what was your experience like? For example was flight crew helpful? Do they provide warmed milk for toddlers? I know their entertainment system is poor, so can I take portable DVD player for my daughter to watch her favorite shows? I search through their website but I could not find any answer. I also tried to call them on their four different numbers but all of them are always engaged. My journey is very close, so please reply
Thank you.



Answer
you should be fine with the portable dvd player. we travel from japan to the states several times a year and we always bring it for him and it works well for us. other tips- bring her favorite toys and some surprises. i always hit the dollar store (or the 100 yen shop!)ãbefore a flight. we also bring medicine just in case. ibuprofin or tylenol can help with ear pain if she is no longer nursing (nursing helps ears during take off and landing). and you may also want to consider benedryl which can be given to help her sleep. (check with your doctor for the dose). as for the flight staff. they may be too busy to give you special attention but that doesnt mean you wont have help. when i travel alone with the kids people always offer to help- the grandmother type who let my son sleep with his feet on her lap-- the helpful dad on a business trip who will help you carry your stuff when you board. ask people for help--- they want to help but may be shy to offer. also bring lots of snacks and dont be shy about asking for whatever you need during the trip so you daughter wont get dehydrated. also bring plenty of extra clothes for her and an extra shirt for you... i remember the time my son vomited right before landing. what a mess! good luck and have a safe trip!!!

Traveling by car with a 2 year old, good ideas ?




I Love Jes


My daughter, who is a very mild mannered person, as is her hubby has my just turned 2 year old grand daughter and last time they drove 4 hours north, my grand daughter screamed for 4 hours. !! Being grandma, I have forgotten some of the tricks ? What things can we bring or do or ?? to help with the upcoming 4 hour ride. Driving at night is not an option this time, My grand is a great kid but very very strong willed. Since I am also strong willed , she doesn't do this to me, but she needs some distraction or ??? She is very smart :) They do spank of necessary , but that doesn't always work ???


Answer
We drive to Colorado once a year. It's a 13hr drive from here.
I found the cheap toy isle in wlamart. (As in cheap I mean $1-$3) I loaded up ap backpack full of these toys that she'd never played with prior to the long drive. Also brought a couple of funny interesting things like a tiny dictionary, because for some reason she likes to look through little books even though she can't read yet. Some bendy straws, a stack of fake money. I found the simpler the better. And choose things that she can use her imigination and pretend with. And we also brought the DVD player with some of her fav. movies.
I agree with bringing little fun snacks too they alwas help. And taking a run around the rest stop break. Maybe bring a jar with some holes in the top and catch some rollie pollies at a rest stop. She'll have fun watching them crawl around in the jar when you get back in the car. Or staple some plain paper together and bring a pack of stickers. Then have her make a "sticker book".
Have fun. my daughter was a ton easier around age 2 and up.
It gets better every time.
Good luck!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment