Wednesday, June 4, 2014

What are some good toddler travel toys?




KL


I am going on an airplane with my 18 mo. old dd. and she'll be sitting on my lap through the flights. They are not too long, about 1 1/2 hours each (of course, if she screams the whole time, it could feel like an eternity :). I'm kinda nervous about her not being able to have a lot of room to roam. Any good suggestions on portables toys or activities that would keep her occupied?


Answer
I also have an 18 month old and we travel frequently.

We bring reusable stickers, Playmobil 1.2.3. figures (for imaginitive play), books and some snacks (preferably small items like dried apples that take a while to eat).

I have more tips in this article about keeping your toddler occupied on a plane:

http://www.deliciousbaby.com/journal/2007/nov/16/ten-tips-keeping-toddler-occupied-plane/

and general advice about traveling with young children on my webstie
http://www.deliciousbaby.com

Traveling with a toddler for the first time?




Drea


I've never taken her anywhere with a commute longer than 45 minutes so I'm kind of worried how she will do. The airplane ride is 2 hours to Texas with a 3 hour layover (heard the airport is pretty big so thought I would allow myself time to change, feed, & find our gate) then it's a pretty quick flight to Roswell NM (our destination)

Ok to my question, To moms who have traveled with their little ones are there things I can do to make my daughter more comfortable? Will I be allowed to bring food for her on the aircraft? Milk? Juice? Will they charge me to gate check my stroller? Will her diaper bag count as my carry on (she's a lap infant)?



Answer
I've never flown with a toddler, but I've done a couple 6-8 hour drives with my son. The only thing I can suggest is that you bring snacks (the airlines should let you take them on the plane), and a few toys/books to keep her occupied. You may also think about keeping her awake as long as possible before the flight, in hopes that she'll sleep through it.

They won't charge you to gate check the stroller, and since most airlines allow you to take a carry on as well as a "personal bag" (i.e. purse), you can have the diaper bag and something else. If you carry a purse as well, just stuff the purse into the diaper bag, or your other carry on when you board the plane.

Here's a website with some more information, including regulations on bringing milk/juice/snacks:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/children/index.shtm




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment