Saturday, June 7, 2014

Portable DVD player on a plane?




Carrie


Have you used a portable DVD player on a plane with your toddler? We traveling cross-country with our two year old and thinking of getting one. How did it work? Which one is good?

Thanks!



Answer
I travel with two players. I fly from Phoenix to Providence/Boston 3-4 times a year with my kids (three girls, 5 and under). They're just cheap machines- under $100 bought new, usually in the X-mas sales- because they get dropped, spilled on, and lost pretty frequently. The average battery on any player is 3 hours. They are a LIFESAVER. You will have a happier child, and the other people on the plane will thank you as well. Unless you fly Jet Blue, you really need a portable DVD player.

Traveling with a toddler?




Isabella's


We are going to Hawaii in 8 days and I just want some advice because our daughter has never traveled by plane. She's almost 3. The flight is only 6 hours non-stop and I'm really not TOO worried about that because she is a pretty well-behaved kid and we plan on bringing the portable DVD player and a few toys(any other tips are welcome). I know food and drinks are not allowed but 6 hours without a snack might be a problem...will they be ok with me bringing a bag of animal crackers and a juice box for her? Also, am I not allowed to pack extra snacks and such for when we get to the hotel? Or do I have to just buy those things when we arrive in Hawaii? ANY advice is welcome even if I haven't asked...I've never traveled with her before so ALL advice/tips are welcome! Thanks so much!


Answer
I fly by plane with my toddler every 3 months to visit the family that is the closest.

They WILL allow you to bring a snack and drink for them. The container has to be able to be closed. A juice box will work, though. Use a sippy cup or a thermos because they WILL open it at security to test what's inside. I always brought milk for my son when he was a little younger for the longer flights. He is 3 now and doesn't travel 6 hours regularly on the plane (every 3 months it's just 1.5 hour flights) so I don't bring it anymore. No more than 4 ounces in each container.

You can bring snacks and as many as you want. I brought an entire carry-on of wrapped food from Japan on the plane. It has to be wrapped. It can't be left overs in a container but a sandwich that'd you pick up at 711 that's in plastic and anything else wrapped in plastic.

Don't stop at McDonalds and get a cheeseburger, because that's not the wrapped I'm talking about and you will have to throw it away.

You no longer have to take her shoes off in security so don't worry about that but make sure you are aware of everything you do need to put on the belt. Make your life as easy as possible.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment