Sunday, September 8, 2013

Does anyone know how much it costs to check in a childs car seat for a long haul flight?

toddler travel bag on Kids Girls Boys Backpacks Animal Travel School Bag Shoulder Backpacks
toddler travel bag image



elizabeth


Myself and my toddler are flying from the States to Ireland via AA in four weeks and I'd like to bring his car seat. Is this a complementary service or do they charge, if so, how much? I know I should really call the airline and ask them but I cant bare being put on hold for half the day! : )


Answer
Check the allowable luggage limit on your ticket or with your airline. Airlines offer free luggage up to a certain weight limit on over sea flights. If you buy your toddler a seat separate from yourown seat ( I am assuming he is young enough to sit in your lap for free), then you could likely bring it on board the aircraft, but check with the airline. It is not unusual to see car seats for toddlers wrapped in plastic at the luggage claim when waiting for bags. By all means bring it with you. Just make sure you know how much it weighs and pack accordingly. If you have to pay a bit extra it is worth it. Also check you car rental agency and see if they offer child seats that are in compliance with the laws of Ireland. Have your travel agent do this work for you as this is part of the service they provide. All else fails, call the airline during non peak hours to avoid a long wait time to speak to a representative. Saturdays are always a good day to call.

how to carry the kids and luggage when changing the airplanes?




Deny


I am traveling internationally (18 hours trip, we change the plane twice) with my 2 kids. My older son is 2 years and 6 months and baby 5 months. I am thinking how I will carry the kids and luggage, in case I have to check the luggage when I change the plane.
Any info and advice will be helpful. Thank you.



Answer
Hello!
Wow what a flight! 18hours with with two toddlers :) You are a brave women!

If you are with the same airline your bags will automatically be transferred. If not, then I think if you can contact the airline ahead of time you can probably arrange to get a stroller at your destination OR get your stroller on the plane so you can take it off once you reach your destination. I am sure it will be fine though, like something can be arranged for sure.
I wish you the best of luck with your flight and arrangements with your children and baggage :)
Happy flying!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment