Monday, September 9, 2013

Has anyone ever traveled on an airplane with a toddler?

travel toys 12 month old on ... Month In The Year: Robert Huish: 9781173710675: Amazon.com: Books
travel toys 12 month old image



AMBER M


I am going to visit my friend in VA, I live in Ohio, which is 10 hour drive or 1.5 hour flight. I really want to opt for the flight but what do you do with an ancy 19 month old for that long? And what if he cries and people get mad at me?


Answer
19 month old. I would suggest getting him his old chair. You can do alot of things.

1) talk to your Dr. about ears popping on left and landing.
2) snacks and drinks
3) dvd portable player
4) plan around nap time and or bed time

if you can pull that off. have an easy carry on and when its time to fly get there early get the little one to sleep. extra blanket and let him sleep/nap during the take off and most of the flight.

5) special new bag of toys

color books, crayolas, books that have flip opens, and waht ever your child loves!

6) a new baby doll or for boy a new what ever he likes

7) its not a long flight at all. Could be 12 hours or move if you were going to a diff. country. It will be over before you knwo it. Have the child look out the window. When seat belts are off let him stand up and strech his legs.


have fun..its ok if he cries a little. things will be ok. people will understand. just sooth him the best you can. Its a part of traveling.

What to do with a 6 month old in a 18 hour car ride?




MMM


My husband and I are going home for the holidays but unfortunately that means an 18 hour car ride. We drive because we enjoy it plus its a lot cheaper. We typically drive for 12 hour then break for 8 (to sleep). What sort of things cn I or should I do with my baby? Should she even stay in a car seat that long? And ideas?


Answer
I travel 10hrs home with my son as well. We take several breaks to let him get out of his car seat, get a diaper change, a bottle, some food and some cuddle time. To keep him occupied we always have toys, blankets, books for him to play with and at 6mnths we never attempted the trip without the trusty soother! If teething remember some tylenol and orajell as well! Sometimes when he was fussy I would have to travel int he back with him, but most of the time he did great during these trips. Best of luck! Our son really liked the winnie the poo soft book that makes crinkly sounds, a soft sesame street book that played music, and we had a crib toy that when pulled played a lullaby that we attached to the handle on the door of the car that we would pull for him and he would sleep. At this age he still slept majority of the trip.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment