Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Travelling with a baby overseas question?

toddler travel suitcase on ... luggage for kids that love to travel great for airport travel children
toddler travel suitcase image



SmEllY!


Can I take sealed jars of baby food with me? And formula?
He will be 11 months old, I am worried about buying babyfood overseas and also we are not staying near to any supermarkets. I will need to take about 3kg of baby food and 2 cans of formula from Australia to Malaysia, will this be ok with customs?



Answer
When I recently traveled I brought breast milk in a sealed bottle. When I was going through the check point I let them know I had it and they took me aside and asked me open it so they could put this thing above it and make sure it was not explosive. It was a very simple process and they did not have any problem with it. When it comes to the formula I would just bring the powder with you and empty bottles. When you are on the plane ask the flight attendants for warm water in you bottle. (They don't have a problem doing it). Keep whatever you don't need in your suitcase and just make sure you put it down on your customs form. I have never had a problem with it.

Here is what the TSA guidelines say:

Medications, baby formula and food, breast milk, and juice are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint. Click here to learn more about 3-1-1

All items including formula, breast milk, and juice will be inspected, however, you or your infant or toddler will not be asked to test or taste breast milk, formula, or juice. Our Security Officers may test liquid exemptions (exempt items more than 3 ounces) for explosives

What are good car toys for a 2 1/2 year old?




sfox1_72


My brother and sister in law will be moving across country with my 2 year old niece. I thought as a going away present, I'd get her something that she play with in the long 4 day car trip. Any suggestions?


Answer
a magna doodle

is fantastic---in case you dont know, its a magic board on which you write and erase with NO MESS!

All the perks of a dry erase board with no inky fingers!

Mr.Potato Heads work well too---inumerable possibilities

fisher price casette player with kids sing a long tapes---also buy headphones---just in case your brother & sisNlaw get tired of "The Wheels On The Bus".

Most Leap Frog electronic products are fantastic---and I am not even that keen on electronics for children, but the Leap Pad systems actually teach, not JUST entertain. Buy the ones geared towards her age group.

a baby doll complete with its own carseat, so your neice will feel like someone else can relate to being strapped in :)

buy her a cute travel pillow/blanket set in a cute toddler theme. All themes are available---Dora the Explorer, Disney Princess, Clifford, Hello Kitty and more!

a sleeping mask to cover her eyes for when taking naps in the car during bright daytime hours--I found some of these in Winnie the Pooh for my kids---FIVE years ago and they STILL use them!

A really snazzy sippy cup and snack container.

A little travel suitcase---of her very own.

A little photo album with pictures of the people she is going to visit or the places she will see--even if you have to print some from the internet or cut them from magazines. It is amazing how interesting the Grand Canyon or a waterfall can seem in person to a toddler who has already been looking forward to seeing it.

GOOD LUCK to your bro & S.I.L. May they have Happy Trails




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment