Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What seat on an airplane is best for a 6 month pregnant, 6' tall mother who is traveling alone with her son.?

united toddler travel on Palma Beach Resort & Spa, Umm Al Quwain, United Arab Emirates ...
united toddler travel image



proudarmyw


Being tall has never been a problem for me because I have always flown in a seat on the exit row of the aircraft but now, I am not only a mother with a 3 year old toddler but I am 6 months pregnant also. We are going on a must travel trip to move to Germany so I can't wait till I give birth or any of that. If anyone has any ideas of the best seats to choose for myself and my son, please let me know. Thank you so much.


Answer
I'm not as tall as you are (5'81/2") but I've flown pregnant, with one (later 2) small children. I was also a Flight Attendant for 13 years.

I bet you miss those exit rows! But you wont see them for awhile since the age minimum is 15.

I would recommend the bulkhead seats (those with the wall in front). Sometimes they have more room but even if they don't, you'll be able to get in and out of them more easily, which you will do a LOT both being pregnant and for your son.

How these are assigned depends on the airline. Some wait till check-in and other prioritize them for frequent flyers (grrrr! United, for one). Sometimes you can book them in advance, sometimes you can't!

Another option, epecially if you're on United, is look into their "Economy Plus" which are economy seats with more legroom. Find out if you can pay the difference. There also might be bulkhead seats in that section.

Seats that I liked when I only had one child were in the very back of some aircraft (767 or 747). There were window/aisle, two seats by themselves, two sets of these, on each side. A mini-aisle, all to ourselves, near the restrooms (and on the 767, galley) which was handy.

To get whatever seats you decide work best for you, call ahead of time. If they say no, call 48 and then 24 hours before, when there can be quite a few changes (cancellations, upgrades, etc.) I've managed to sort out seating problems this way, even when they told me to not bother to call again-I did and it worked!

If that fails, be really nice at check-in. Getting you at least an aisle seat is not unreasonable. Bring a doctor's note saying which week you are, just to be on the safe side.

Here are my totally non-commercial flying tips. Many military parents have contributed, both in RL and on line.
http://flyingwithchildren1.blogspot.com

I would also recommend searching "flying pregnant" and reading up on tips for expecting moms. Comfortable shoes, drinking a lot, getting up and moving are among the tips you'll read. I didn't wear support hose but ask your doctor if it's a good idea. You also want an exam right before flying, and make sure s/he checks your cervix (experience speaking!) Try not to handle your own bags as little as possible.

Good luck and have a good flight!

Can toddlers travel in first class?




kasssy s


We will be taking a trip in october and of course traveling with my 15 month old. we will be taking a united flight.. i was wondering if toddlers can travel in first class with an adult?


Answer
honestly. no offence they shouldnt be allowed even if they are. i cant stand being in a room with a howling kid. sorry.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment