Monday, January 13, 2014

Any tips for traveling 3 hours by train with a toddler?

wooden travel toys on ... Wooden Baby Play Gym Hanging Travel Toy by Haba Baby Toys - Ape2Zebra
wooden travel toys image



Roxi


My son just turned three with a ton of energy. Well be taking a train to chicago and its a 3 hour trip. I'm not sure how to keep him occupied for three hours without disrupting any of the other passengers. And just to keep him entertained to be easier on myself.


Answer
Hi,

I must say that this is going to be challenging but no worries here are some tips I used when I was traveling with my toddler niece in trains. I hope some of these tips will help you.

1. Carry food, milk, water and everything that he is crazy about

If you want to make those 3 hours easy then pick up a backpack bag, put baby wipes, diapers, milk bottles and milk powder/formula in it. If your little one likes ice-cream, let him have ice cream during these 3 hours. This will keep him busy for a few minutes for sure. You must have a spacious backpack bag that can store your stuff as well as his stuff. Check out some good bags on eBay and Amazon and compare them here http://clothing-and-accessories.become.com/leather-backpack-purse

2. Take your lappy along

Download some cartoons right away and take your laptop with you. Pack it safely in your backpack along with its charger. You can definitely keep the little one entertained with some cartoons.

3. Pack his favorite toys and encourage him to indulge in various activities if his attention span is short

Take along his favorite toy cars, carry a drawing book and crayons encourage him to color. Chunky wooden puzzles will also be good for the kids of this age. Put on songs if he likes music.

4. Keep him engaged by talking to him

This may sound a little silly but I think that kids can be handled in a better way if you keep asking them to do small things. For instance you can ask your little one, "Can you please hold this bag while I take out the water bottle from it?, Can you please open the bag's zip while I hold the bag tight? etc. All these activities will make his mind think and get tired. He might fall asleep in the last one hour.

I think these ideas will be enough for a 3 hour long trip with a toddler. Try some of them and see what works best for you. Good luck! Have a great trip.

I am looking for a store that deal with wooden products anybody know of such?




Tomasz


Hi all

I am looking for a store that sells wooden products such as wooden boxes, wooden toys, jewellery boxes or anything else that can be made from wood. If anyone knows of such place, please provide me with a adress or some sort of contact information, I would love to visit such a store, i am willing to travel anywhere in Europe.

Thank you



Answer
The Wooden Toy

1275 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield, CT 06109
USA


E-mail: WTOYDWE@CS.COM
Telephone: 860-529-1945




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment