Sunday, January 12, 2014

How to pop ears for toddlers during air travel?

toddler air travel ear on Dr. John Kitchin, Ph.D., NZ9F - page continuously hackedNever got paid ...
toddler air travel ear image



Tina


My family needs to travel by air for a trip in mid-July. My toddler will be 13.5 months then. I was wondering how to help them pop their ears due to the elevation changes. Thanks in advance!

Any other tips for air travel with a toddler is much appreciated as well! The flight is from California to England, so quite a long trip.



Answer
Sucking a drink from a straw like a carton of juice when taking off and landing should help stop ears from popping :-)

Do you think getting an ear infection makes you more prone to get more?




JustAnothe


I've gotten my first ear infection, I'm 19 years old. Now I feel like anything that causes an ear infection will happen to me because now I'm prone to them... Such as swimming or even getting water in my ears when I wash my hair, and I always get water in my ears when I wash my hair. Or even changing of pressure suddenly causes ear infections like airplanes. I travel sometimes and now I'm even afraid of air travel because I don't want to get another ear infection.


Answer
I used to get ear infections as a toddler, and I had one really bad one when I was 15, and I haven't had any since (23 now). I dont think you are more necessarily prone to them, I think that the fact that you have had one once already does mean that you have some sort of vulnerability. The cool thing about the human body, is that it learns, you may get an ear infection in the future and not even know it because your body learned from the last one, and fights it off quickly.

I used to get strep once a year, now, I dont get it anymore. Dont live in fear, if you look at it in the right light, getting sick is a good thing, it makes your body more powerful in the end.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment