Sunday, November 17, 2013

What can my 2.5 year old sleep in on vacastion?

toddler blow up travel bed on ... blow-outs lightweight since youll likely be carrying it and your
toddler blow up travel bed image



PNut Mom


In 6 weeks we are going on a vacation with my family. The problem is that my 2.5 year old still sleeps in her full size crib. She does not want me to convert it to a toddler bed yet. Well, we can't take her crib and her pack and play is way too small for her. She would sleep in it but be cramped. She's a tall girl for her age. The hotel only offers pack and plays as well. Does anyone have any advice on how what she could sleep in? She will have her own room in the condo but it has a queen size bed. They are really tall and we don't have a bed that size to transition her to. I've seen travel toddler beds online. Are these any good? Thanks!


Answer
Why not a blow up mattress? Kids usually find those fun and will sleep on them if they have too.

What are you supposed to do with a 13 month old? Feeding, dicipline, playing, etc. Need help :/?




Lillian an


I mean seriously. I just don't know what to do now that she is getting older. I read the parenting mags and child parenting books, and all my mommy friends think I'm super mom but I just don't feel like it. I'm slowly getting better but I'm still not **there** yet.
1. I've slacked off on her menu (healthy eating) and upped the tv the past month, but I'm working on a new meal plan for the whole family and completely banned the tv except everyonce in a while.
Her sleep patterns have changed.
2. She is constantly tossing and turning all night and not only is she not sleeping well, but I'm not either as we co sleep. I don't know if I should move her to her own bed, a crib or toddler bed or an arms reach co sleeper? We travel quite a lot, and I don't want to have to transition her all the time. I don't know what to do. She has never fallen asleep alone. We've always nursed to sleep and still do. My husband gets mad at me everytime I try to wean.
3. I get really aggrivated when she pinches or bites and sometimes blow up when I don't mean to when it hurts really bad. I don't know if I should calmly tell her no, grab her hand, or what. My husband makes a game out of biting and he says "get a bite" and she'll play bite. We should definitely stop this, right?
4. I'm worried about her socializing with other people. I don't have a vehicle to go anywhere so every other week we're stuck. She has 5 boxes of toys, but a lot of them she has out grown. We buy her new ones every once in a while but I don't know what she should play with? She has dolls, blocks, books, dress up stuff, puzzles, stuffed animals, balls of all textures shapes sizes and colors, play teaset, pretend cooking stuff. She also has a pop up play hut with a tunnel she loves. And a ride on pony.

She's always fed, dry, happy and loved, but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong or not doing something. A lot of it has to do with just not having a vehicle, a kitchen table (my husband finds it pointless. He's a little dumb), and no real socializing... I have mommy friends now, but they're all 400 miles away since we moved.

Please answer as best you can. Thanks.



Answer
I can really relate to you,
i have a 10 month old and read alot i do let him watch seseme street (it's educational) and he loves it
but i also include a number of other activities for him in his day, such as walk to the park, play time, independent time, crib time, snacks and meals, one on one time, animal time, reading time, car time, bath time ect.....
his sleep patterns are changing too. he sleeps less now so i added more activities and keep him up for 3 hours not 2 and let him watch while i cook for us. Set up playstations in every place for the house for him so where i go he goes, and has something to do.
As far as healthy eating i told myself i would only feed him organic foods that did not happen , i too am trying to come up with new meals for the family.
sleep i would allow her to sleep in her own crib with soft music, i find my lil guy sleeps better and its safer for him, but in the day he sleeps with me for naps when i do sleep with him in the day. i give him a warm bath and put the johnsons bedtime lotion on every night with a warm bottle and duvae he sleeps all night, everythime. He also goes out side so the freash air will tire him out.

He is encouraging her to bit you, parenting both ways will make it easier on you guys. He should not teach her to bit or make a game of it, because shes having fun with you and thinks it is a game, so does not understand when you get aggrivated, let him know he cant do that because it makes your job as a mom harder and you have to re-teach her not to do it.

Add walks too the schedual, and i hear that you can put the toodlers in a time out once they hit the age of one. so it is one minute per year. 1 years old one minute on a chair, because they understand by that age some right from wrong and what no means. if you say no more than 3 times she would go in a time out on her bed or your bed for 1 minute apparently it works???? have not tryed it yet because mine is only 10 months.

Look for age apprpreat toys on line ones that will teach her in a variety if ways like music pianos, pretend vacum puzzles crayons ect.........
I hope this helped in some way........
Keep up the good work mom.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment