Thursday, November 21, 2013

What is the best way for a toddler to sleep on a plane?

toddler travel airplane on Air Canada Decides That They Need Travel Agents After All | Travelonly ...
toddler travel airplane image



Kaytee


I will be soon travelling alone internationally with my 16 month old daughter. She will be on my lap. When she was a baby, she could sleep in an airplane bassinet during flights, but now she won't fit. I am wondering, how can I make her sleep longer and more comfortably on my lap? What position would you recommend? She's a bit of a fussy toddler, so I expect it may be hard to put her down.

Also, any other life-saving tips for toddler air travel?



Answer
the people who said give your baby benedryl before the flight got a lot of thumbs down, but it really wont hurt. I wasn't too crazy about that idea when I was going to fly with my son at that age for the 1st time so I asked his pediatrician if that's ok. He said yes its totally fine and they told me exactly how much to give. It goes by weight, so to keep your sanity you may want to try it. It wont hurt her, unless she's one of those freakish kids who has the opposite reaction to benedryl and bounces off the walls. toys work for a little bit but cramming a toddler into a small space like an airplane seat confined to your lap.....youre going to want her asleep. As far as what position...I asked the flight attendant for a pillow and then i opened up the little tray in front of me, put the pillow on it and my lap...his head was on my lap his legs up on the tray part. it was a 5 hour flight and most of it went smooth since he was sleeping. When he was awake he kept trying to get off my lap and was kicking the giant guy next to us :)

What portable car seat should we take look at?




Jamerican


We would like to know which portable car seats to take a look at to keep in our cars. Most people who have toddlers and travel by air would like to have a driver with a car seat as they leave theirs at home.

Also, please say why you like it.

Thanks.



Answer
It all depends on what age your child is. For a convertible seat, I would consider a few different one's depending on what your budget is. Here are the ones that I have found are the easiest to install, and keep the child rear facing the longest. How old is your child and how tall is he/she and how much does he/she weigh? Also--what kind of car do you have? I can tell you the perfect seat for your child and your car
Graco Natalius:
-Goes up to 65 pounds
-Converts into a High-Back Belt-Positioning booster seat
-Converts into a Backless Booster
-3 position recline
-armrests
-EPS foam
-$144.44 at Walmart

Graco MyRide 65
-Rear Facing for infants 5 to 40 pounds
-up to 65 pounds forward facing
-side impact resistant
-safest car seat on the market
-approved for airplane use
-$150 at Walmart

Evenflo Triumph Advance
-forward facing up to 50 pounds
-Loved how easy it was to loosen and tighten the harness straps
-wider than most car seats
-infinite slide harness--great for anyone to use, just slide the straps to the top of childs shoulders and no adjusting from the back
-great recline features
-$124 at Walmart

The First Years True fit
-highest rating from the national highway traffic safety administration
-great for preemies up to 65 pounds
-deep side-wings are great for side impact protection.
-built-in seat belt lock-offs--extremley easy to install
-heavier than most seats

All of the Britax seats are great also




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment