Saturday, November 16, 2013

is it still too soon to get started?

travel cot toys are us on ... Toy from Little Bird Told Me part of the Cot/Cot Bed Toys range
travel cot toys are us image



<3 Mummy o


Is 20-22 weeks too early to set up the nursery?

Hi, I have asked this question before and people told me to wait a little longer, after thinking about it I decided they were right, what do you think of this though, is it a little too soon still?

I am 16 weeks pregnant today, last time I asked I was 10 weeks. I want to get the nursery set up because we have had people giving us so much stuff that we have no where for, also we are renovating the house in a month or so and I dont want dust to cover everything for the baby. (I know not a good time to renovate but we HAVE to do it now because of the baby and wedding at the end of the year..) I have my next ob-gyn appointment coming up, I dont quiet know when because I have to arrange travel and all sorts, but we will be finding out the gender, I think I will be around 20-22 weeks by then and I am still being told that it will be too early to set up?

When I say we have been given everything I mean we have been given,
x2 cots
x2 change tables
x42 cloth nappies
x1 baby bath
x6 HUGE bags of toys
x4 bags of baby shampoos, soaps, creams etc.
x7 Cot Sheets
x1 Bassinet
x5 unisex outfits
x3 boys outfits
x2 girls outfits

the list keeps going, it is all sitting in our shed and in our bed room. Our spare room is full of other stuff for the renovations and the room we have set aside for baby is full of baby stuff that I havent had a chance to go through.

I really want to get set up when we know the gender so that it is a calm place and even if the renovations arent finished by the time baby comes we will have somewhere for him/her...

is 20-22 weeks too early??

(sorry about the jumbledness I'm a little frazzled at the moment)



Answer
No, i don't think that it is too early at all, it all comes down to personal preference, i think you can set it up anytime you like, i understand about the renovations, we are going through the same things, i am also due on the 19th of june so i'm sixteen weeks also :-) so i will probably set up our nursey at 20-22 weeks also, so don't stress, you do what ever is going to be comfortable and convenient for you and your partner, good luck and congrats :-)

Cost of moving to Germany from England?




Livvy


I'm moving to Germany at the end of summer with my fiance and 1 year old son for a year, and wondered what our options are in terms of moving out there.

What are the options for moving our stuff to Germany (Berlin)?

Most websites for removal companies want all your details to give you a quote, does anyone know an approximate cost for using a removals company? Either hiring a van & driving ourselves (and can we drop the van in germany so we don't have to bring it back?), or hiring a company to drive in their own van...

Alternatively, approx. costs for shipping/flying things via post?

I'm not entirely sure how much we'll take with us - that pretty much depends on how we'd travel over there. Most rented accomodation in Berlin is unfurnished, so we'd most likely have to buy the majority of furniture out there.

Off the top of my head, we'd be taking as many clothes as possible, our son's clothes, our son's cot (if possible - dismantles flat but is quite big), some of his toys, his pushchair, a flatscreen computer, and other essentials. We basically want to travel as light as possible, but its a bit more difficult with a 1 year old!

If anyones got experience with moving abroad it would be greatly appreciated as I don't really have a clue where to start!

Thanks in advance



Answer
If you don't want to fill in your details just give removal companies a call, they will be able to give you a rough costing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment