Thursday, November 14, 2013

What do you do about car seats & strollers when you travel?

travel toys for toddlers in car on Recall ordered for toy that turns into drug - National - theage.com.au
travel toys for toddlers in car image



ck


I'm thinking of packing up the car seat and checking it in. Then taking an umbrella stroller on board. The problem is hauling the car seat around along with the rest of my bags plus the baby! Is there a better solution? I'm traveling with my 20 month old toddler. Thanks!


Answer
This sounds like Deja Vu! I just flew in May when my daughter was 19 months old and I had to think about all of that as well. Here's what we did and it worked great!!! We checked her luggage in with all of the other suitcases because we didn't need it on the plane. She sat on our laps, we didn't buy her her own seat. Is your toddler in their own seat? If so, then they'll have to sit in the carseat. However, at the end of each flight, I would ask the flight attendant if they're able to transport the seat to the connecting flight's plane, that way, when you arrive at the gate to board the plane, it's there and you just have to install it. I would think that they could easily do it! They move luggage to the connecting flight after all!!! As for the stroller, I brought my normal full size stroller because it was more comfortable for my daughter so that she could lay back and sleep. When you check in explain to them that you need to "gate check" your stroller. They'll give you a tag to put on your stroller so that you/they can identify it. When you go to board the plane, you just take out your toddler, break down your stroller, and leave it right there. They'll take it and store it in a special compartment below the plane. When you land, they automatically bring your stroller out so the moment you step off the plane into that connecting hallway, it's right there! It was so convenient and hassle free to fly that way. I know you didn't ask about this...but here's some other flying pointers that worked for me. I went to the dollar store and bought cheap little toys and stuff and I wouldn't let my daughter see it until the day ofthe flight, that way it was something new for her to play with. Also, if you have a portable DVD player I recommend you bring it. My daughter just sat on our laps and watched her movies most of the flights. Good luck flying!!!

How do you entertain a preschooler, 2 toddlers, and an 8 month old on a 7 hour drive?




Wilmavimom


We are taking a weekend trip to go to a wedding and taking the kids. It is about a 6 hour drive and driving overnight or taking more than 1 day is really not an option. My plan so far is to leave early (5 or 6 A), maybe have a movie in the car and stop for breakfast and play around around 9A. Any other helpful advice for traveling (besides not taking them as my sister suggested. lol) would be appreciated.


Answer
We took our 2 1/2 year old twins on a 12 hr trip from Oregon to Montana and found the best thing was to have lots of their toys in the car. We did not have a dvd, so it was all about toys, books, their music. We have an older daughter who was 10 at the time, so she would read stories. The person who wasn't driving would show them things out the window. It was actually a wonderful trip both ways and the girls did great. Good Luck!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment