Sunday, January 26, 2014

Does anyone have any moving stories they can relate to?

toddler travel ontario on Hilton Hotel and Suites Niagara Falls
toddler travel ontario image
Q. Never in my life have I ever thought that my life would be going the way it is now. I am born in Ontario, Canada. Lived in North York til I was a toddler, moved to Pickering and that's where most of my growing up took place...been there almost 9 years, moved to Markham and learned so much I can not believe, and now here I am in Houston, Texas in a whole different country with a one hour difference from where I used to live. It kinda impressive to have been to 3 different high schools during my high school years. Even though I've lived in Pickering much longer than Markham (only 1 year) I honestly miss Markham the most, no doubt. I thought every body outside of Pickering would be so different and that I cannot connect with anyone. Ironically, people in Markham proved me wrong.

I've been living in Houston for almost a month now and I am still not quite fully settled in yet. Though, each day it slowly gets better and better.I got too attached to Markham I can't let things go. Though my friends and I are committed into keeping our friendships alive in two different countries.

I hate change. I hate going to a whole new school not knowing anyone. I just dislike not knowing my surroundings. I am a very quiet person until someone talks to me then I am the most open person out there. That's why first impressions are the most important. To see if you're approachable or not.

Now that I think about it I have done pretty much everything related to school...minus being in clubs or anything.

1. I've been to a semestered school
2. I've been to a non-semestered school
3. Started new 2 times
4. Know what an Canadian school is like
5. Know what an American school is like
6. A senior taking courses in all grades
7. Had to give up everything to move

Now to end this off with a positive note and hoping that someone would read all this, not really expecting a reply I just want people to hear my story and hopefully relate to those people who had to start over. Once I moved here I saw a lot of things that would benefit me. Everything is cheaper here, more selections of clothing, cellphones, etc. I can build a nice tan gradually. Basically summer all year long except for the temperatures in winter time. Easier to get a license. Majority of the people here are very nice, way nicer than Canadians.
Also, now I have experience living in Canada and United States. I do feel very privileged and seeing all these moves as a present to get to know the world so I won't be so closed up. Now I praying to get school done and over with as soon as possible so I'll be at a point where I am financially ready for anything and travel anywhere to visit my old friends. I've never been so anticipated about the future than I am now even. But, don't worry I am still cherishing every moment that passes by and still concentrating on the present.

That is it, I did cut some stuff out but I believe that this is already long and boring enough. For those who read thank you. =)


Answer
Used to live in Boston, then moved to Houston also, it was a major change because these places are so different. Houston's not so bad, you'll get used to it. I loved Boston, but oh well.

Looking to adopt a girl from China?




Alexa


I live in Ontario, Canada.
How much does it cost to adopt from china? I heard it can be anywhere from 10,000 to 30, 000?
How long does it take for the adoption process?
Are older children or toddlers/babies more in need?

If anyone can give tips about adoption if you have adopted before, that would be great! I have raised my 4 kids (all are not living with me except for the youngest who is 13) and have thought about adopting for along time! I can cover all costs, have a house, a job, etc.

thank-you!



Answer
Adoption from China has changed a lot in the past few years. The one child policy has been relaxed, and domestic adoption in China has become more common, so there are no longer nearly as many baby girls being abandoned and needing international adoption. In fact, the wait for a "healthy" infant girl is about 5 years. There are however many older children and special needs children in China who have been waiting for a family for a long time. Special needs children are just as likely to be boys as girls, as abandonment of special needs children is common in China, no matter what sex. And, with the cultural stigma of special needs in China, these children don't have the chance to be adopted domestically. There are both waiting child programs where you receive a referral of a child and waiting child lists where you can express interest in a specific child. The China special needs program is a good program ETA: I don't know what the foreign fees are for China. I adopted from Taiwan. The foreign fees were $8000. The bulk of the expense of international adoption is the international travel. I do know that some special needs kids from China have a grant toward their adoption, so fees can be significantly reduced.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment