Monday, January 27, 2014

What's a good diaper bag for air travel with a 3 month old?

toddler travel essentials on NScessity Sun Essentials UV Travel Pop Up Tent Cot Sun Shelter ...
toddler travel essentials image



Tammy Mant


I'm a single parent, and need to combat the "only two hands" issue for our flight.


Answer
When I travel alone, I use a backpack for our essentials. Nothing fancy and it's worked out great. I've traveled with an infant and toddler at one point and the backpack allowed me to take care of the cherubs and not struggle with my "other stuff".

I found that the pack with two little "bottle" holders on the side work great for water for you and bottle if you use one and one that has little pockets in front...one to hold YOUR stuff, like passport, tickets or chapstick. The other compartments were dedicated to diapers, wipes, medicine, bottles (if you are not nursing), water, blanket, rattle, etc.

Have a great trip!

Would I have been smarter if my parents read to me?




S


I'm an adult now, but my parents never read to me (that I can remember). After browsing several parenting resources, it seems that a lot can be done to help your child develop intellectually that my parents never did for me. Are activities like reading to your children essential for maximizing their potential? If these activities are not performed, would that basically be cutting short their intellectual potential?


Answer
I wouldn't go as far as saying "cutting short their intellectual potential?", but I do believe reading (to the baby) from the earliest age onwards, is beneficial. and so is music, and apparently also while still in the womb - classical music that is.
children are like sponges for the first few years of their development - even languages can be learned easily at preschool age.

I am an avid reader and had books all my life - started as a toddler, and then thanks to an aunt, every occasion warranted a book. By the age of ten I had a library of well over fifty hard covers. Then I started to read (sneak) my parent's books, with all the "good stuff" in it.

Today I still spend more time reading than I watch TV: two newspapers per day, two or three magazines a week and a book every two to three weeks (unless I travel, then I get through a book in no time). Then there's the stuff at work - work related magazines mostly.

Not certain it made me 'smarter', but I know it let's me hold my own in most discussions; besides, there's so much to know, and so little time.

And here's the key: it's not too late! Start reading, find interesting topics and go for it. I just read a book on Magellan's (discovery) travels -- fascinating!
And parallel I'm reading a book on the history of salt - opens a new world perspective.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment