Thursday, January 30, 2014

I heard milk in Mexico is different than the U.S. What can I give my toddler in place of milk?

Q.


Answer
Hello.
I don't know where did you hear that.

I'm a mexican dairyman, I've traveled into USA (Wisconsin, Ohio, Minnesota, Illinois, and more) and Canada (Ontario and Québec) to visit other dairy farms there; and I have also received visitors from there. Believe me; there are NOT differences: we have the same quality standards and production systems are very similar (... or even the same). The real México is more similar to USA than the "tourist" México or the "media" México; we are not so different at all.

Only avoid to drink "crude" milk, wich is sold in some areas; but the pasterized milk is absolutelly the same.
There are some brands you should remember, they are dairy producer similar to the producers in USA:
Lala, Alpura, San Marcos, Al Día, Sello Rojo, Leche León, Gota Blanca, La Escondida.
You can buy in México two different kind of milks according to the process (as in USA): LTLT or HTST (or UHT). In USA is more popula the LTLT, but in México (specially in touristic areas) is more easy to find UHT, this is beacuse the process almost sterilize the milk, and it last about 6 months after packed. There is not nutritional difference, but the taste is a little bit different 'cause the temperature to proces the milk is higher. In my opinion, you should prefer UHT than LTLT ("fresh pasterized milk") 'cause it last longer time and you don't need freezer untill it is open.

Or you can use powder milk too and buy bottled water to mix it (never use tap water, we don't drink it actually, only bottled purified water).

Does having traveled around the world make me spoiled?




Brit


I was born in Canada. When I was a baby, I visited St. Maarten in the Caribbean. When I was a toddler, I lived in Arizona for more than a year, and visited California, Nevada, and Mexico. As a child, I traveled to Florida every year during the winter and traveled around Ontario in the summer. When I was 16, I returned to California, Mexico, and Arizona, then visited Australia for a month. Later that year I went on a cruise to Costa Rica, Mexico and Panama. When I was 17 I visited Italy and spent a month volunteering in Romania. This year I went on a cruise to Jamaica and Grand Cayman in the winter, and in the summer I lived in Quebec for 5 weeks, then went to France and Romania in August. Next summer I will be exploring the South American country of Guyana for 8 weeks, then traveling around Peru for a couple weeks, and then heading to Italy and Spain for a month. Next year I hope to do an exchange in England for a semester, where I would be able to visit countries all around Europe.

I'm only 18 and my parents want me to travel less because they say that I'm spoiled and it will all go to my head. However, traveling is my main joy in life and I feel that it makes me more open-minded and tolerant of others. I don't act stuck-up, and I don't have a lot of material possessions. Still, I've traveled more than some have in their entire lives. Am I spoiled?
Not all of my traveling is just for fun...I've spent a total of 4 weeks volunteering at a pediatric hospital in Romania, and when I'm in Guyana for 8 weeks next summer I will be teaching high school students about health issues with a non-profit organization. When I went to Australia it was for World Youth Day, which is a celebration of my Catholic faith shared by youth around the world, and I will be doing the same thing in Spain next year. Don't assume I'm shacking up in 5 star hotels and ordering foie gras from room service...I'm not.



Answer
No it makes you worldly and maybe more educated. You're not spoiled, you're just lucky to have seen places a lot of people don't get to see in their lifetimes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment