Thursday, February 6, 2014

Airline regulations when traveling with Toddlers?




California


We are travelling on an airplane next month with my 2 year old and 4 year old. From the FAA website, I know that I can bring a carseat for my 2 year old (but not my 4 year old who is over 40 lbs), and juice (in a bag) for both. Are there any other limitiations concerning food? We'd normally bring snacks (crackers and fruit), but I can't find if this is even allowed to carry on any longer. Anyone with recent experience?

Thanks!



Answer
When I went to Hawaii with my son (almost 2) and daughter 4 I brought tons of snacks. Crackers, chips, gum, Ruby's cheeseburger and french fries, etc. They even allowed me to bring baby applesauce on with me. I also brought some strawberries and raspberries but had to eat them all before we got off the plane. (Rules of Hawaii) One thing that helped was I brought empty sippy cups and as soon as we got on requested cans of apple juice. Then you don't have to worry about them spilling the flimsy plastic cups.

Some toys that my kids liked were those magnadoodle and aquadoodle. Just fill up the pens with water on the airplane. You are allowed 3 ounce of liquid but why bother. I would rather not be held up with security with two kids.

If you bring baby food make sure to tell them about it at the checkpoint.

I ended up checking a bag with snacks, water, and juice boxes so we would have some ready when we got off the plane.

Also about carseats. I checked my carseats. My son was under two and didn't have his own seat. And airplanes do not let you use booster seats. It was nice not to have to lug those up to the gate too. If you think it will help your 2 year old sit still then I would suggest it. Get a carseat carrying backpack. It is so nice!! I fit a carseat, booster seat, and huge pack of diapers into it. I got mine on www.babycenter.com

You can take your stroller all the way up to the gate. This was nice because we used it to carry our bags too. At the gate they put it underneath and then when you get off the plane it is waiting for you at the door of the airplane.

Oh...one more thing. Have you and your children wear shoes that are easy to take on and off.

Has anyone ever traveled on an airplane with a toddler?




AMBER M


I am going to visit my friend in VA, I live in Ohio, which is 10 hour drive or 1.5 hour flight. I really want to opt for the flight but what do you do with an ancy 19 month old for that long? And what if he cries and people get mad at me?


Answer
19 month old. I would suggest getting him his old chair. You can do alot of things.

1) talk to your Dr. about ears popping on left and landing.
2) snacks and drinks
3) dvd portable player
4) plan around nap time and or bed time

if you can pull that off. have an easy carry on and when its time to fly get there early get the little one to sleep. extra blanket and let him sleep/nap during the take off and most of the flight.

5) special new bag of toys

color books, crayolas, books that have flip opens, and waht ever your child loves!

6) a new baby doll or for boy a new what ever he likes

7) its not a long flight at all. Could be 12 hours or move if you were going to a diff. country. It will be over before you knwo it. Have the child look out the window. When seat belts are off let him stand up and strech his legs.


have fun..its ok if he cries a little. things will be ok. people will understand. just sooth him the best you can. Its a part of traveling.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment