Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Does toddlers need photo ID with there birth certificate and consent form traveling alone with one parent?




Melody A





Answer
For MX Travel....

If you are flying into MX after Jan 7, 2007. You will need a passport and a consent form signed by the non-traveling parent.

If you are boarder crossing or flying in and out before Jan 7 then you need a birthcertificate and a consent form signed by the non-traveling parent.

If there is only one parent listed on the birthcertificate than no consent form is needed.

Does a toddler need a photo ID when traveling?

Q. My daughter and I are flying to Colorado this summer. She is 3 years old and I was wondering if I need to have a photo ID for her, seeing as my ticket states "All ticketed passengers need to have a photo ID, such a driver's license or passport." If I do, where can I get one?


Answer
You can get her a passport at a post office, some stores like Walgreen's do them too. It's my understanding that since you are the parent the child wouldn't need a photo ID. IMO, however, it would be a good idea to have a current picture at least with you God forbid anything happened.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment