Thursday, February 6, 2014

Travel w/ infant? any advices?




bvm006


Im planning to travel w my daughter when shes 4 months old but I was wondering would it be easier to travel when shes 8 months old? I just heard that the older they get is harder because they cant sit in one place while the younger they are they just sleep and eat..
Just want to hear some experiences from parents that travelled w their infants before. Thank you..
BTW its a 13 hr flight..



Answer
4 month is more easier because all they do is eat and sleep. I travelled w my son at 4 months and it was a breeze. I also travelled w him when he was 9 months and he couldnt sit still but it was still manageable.
Make sure to bring finger food, milk/juice and some toys for them to play with. Also it is better to travel at night so they sleep. It doesnt matter how old they are. They always sleep at night unless they dont have a good sleepping pattern.. Goodluck

infant travel on flight?




haritha


Hi there,

I am planning a travel with my 10 months kid to USA. It is about 24 hrs journey and I am afraid, i may run into troubles during travel. Also my child have often complaints of cold & fever. Also she has indigestion problem. Now I have some questions for you for help.
1. What all precautions should I take for a safe travel?
2. What is the checklist to consider mandatorily while travelling with infant?
3. Can I carry medicines during my flight?
4. Which airways would be a good choice to travel from India to US?

Please help me. Thanks for your help in advance.



Answer
First and foremost try to fly when your child is not sick with a fever. Even coughs from an infant spread germs that will be circulated throughout the cabin. No matter what advice you get, it's going to be an extremely long journey for the little one because they are not going to be able to stay awake the whole time and you will be calming a screaming baby down at some point. But here are some tips that I frequently give mothers when they are flying with their infants.

1.) Keep the baby awake at all times in the terminal so that you it can sleep for most if not all of the flight.

2.) If you have a stroller that has a car seat attachment, ask the counter agents if you can have a row with an empty seat next to it. If so, bring the car seat on the plane so you can put the baby in his own seat strapped in. This helps out a lot because the baby won't be in your lap for the entire flight! It's best if you book a flight on a Wednesday during a non-peak travel season because the chances of the flight being relatively empty are better! Also try to book yourself on an aisle seat so if you can't get that spare seat next to you empty, at least you'll have an easy way to get to the LAV to change the baby when needed.

3.) You can bring formulas, and other medications on the flight if it's for an infant. Be sure to pack a separate carry on bag with just diapers, food, spare outfits, and some toys.

4.) Unless you're flying first or business class, it doesn't matter which airline you fly. If you're in coach, they all cram as many people as they can in the back of the plane. I would stay away from US Air, Delta, or American. Most of their fleet doesn't have any sort of inflight entertainment systems for you to use while you're not taking care of the baby.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment