Saturday, January 25, 2014

what can I take on an airplane?

toddler travel journal on ... Journal Kits . Hot air balloons can tie in nicely with future dreams
toddler travel journal image



viggie75


I'm going on a cruise and I want to know what I can take in my carry on?


Answer
As was said before, bring some of your own food but don't pack so much it's obvious you have food. Also, bring small versions of what you love to do. Your favorite books (comic books are great, personally I love Garfield), magazines, newpapers, electronic games, travel games (but don't bring those with minute playing pieces that can get lost easily), an mp3 if you have one or a cd player (music is extremely helpful if you're prone to motion sickness), notebooks (if you're bored, they're great as journals to record what's happening on the plane, such as hearing the annoying screaming of hyperactive toddlers and any sights you see outside), etc. A laptop can be convenient but don't carry too much around. You don't want your possessions to become hassles. Cell phones can't be used, I believe, during the ride (to avoid air disturbances). Ear muffs or headphones can be useful to block out noise. With your favorite things, airplane rides can be alright even if you get motion-sickness like me.

Is counting calories a good method to lose weight?

Q. I was going to record my calorie intake within each meal in a notebook. Have any of you tried this method? Does it work well?


Answer
I think it cannot hurt! I'll bet if you recorded what you ate on a normal- non-dieting day, you would be SHOCKED at the number of calories you ate.

I am currently in a "Biggest Loser" competition at my job and the only real thing I have been doing is cutting back on calories. I am not as organized as you with a journal to track them, but here is what I have been doing.
In the am, I usually eat cereal and skim milk.
For lunch and dinner, I eat a "lean cuisine" or similar frozen meal. I noticed that most of them are under 300 calories so I set that as my limit. I do not buy ANY of the meals if they are more than 300 calories.
I add a big salad to both meals. I mix in lots of my favorite veggies, a spoon or two of fresh salsa for flavor, and only use vinegar for dressing.
For snacks- at the most 2 per day- I keep 100 calorie packs on hand.

It is totally working for me! I work long hours and travel 1 hour each way - plus I am a single mom with a toddler - so I don't really have all that much time to exercise. Just cutting back on the high calorie food has helped me drop 24 pounds already since November!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment