Sunday, December 22, 2013

Any one have any good hotel suggestions - San Francisco?

travel toddler rails on ... Rail Of A Baby Carriage, The Baby Peeking Over The Edge by pauloribau
travel toddler rails image



NativeOran


Planning a little family trip to San Francisco. I have never been there before so I have no clue on what hotel to stay at. Anyone have any suggestions? We are traveling with a toddler, I don't know if that really makes a difference Thanks :)


Answer
Union Square is probably the best place to stay. There are lots of good restaurants, shops, theaters and clubs in the Union Square area. It is centrally located with lots of public transportation options and within walking distance of most of the tourist areas. l

Driving in the city can be confusing for visitors and parking is difficult and expensive so forgoing the rental car is a good idea. Muni offers multi day passes that are good for buses, trolley, light rail and the cable cars [unique experience but $5 per ride].
http://www.sfmuni.com

Joie de Vivre http://www.jdvhotels.com has several hotels in the Union Square area in different price points. Each hotel is unique. The have one hotel in the Marina, The Del Sol which has a pool, free parking, and is very kid friendly.

I'm looking into taking a train from Tampa FL to Wichita Ks, how can I find info on how to do this?




Me Me


I've always flown but I hate flying and now I have a 1 year old which will make the trip harder all around. There's absolutely no way he's going to stay seated in my lap or in a seat for a 5 hour flight...or even 1 hour for that matter.

I'm thinking taking a train might be a good idea but how do I find out where trains run out of?

What could I expect riding on a train with a toddler? I've never been on a train before and don't know how big the seats are, etc.

Any help?



Answer
Do you want the bad news or the really bad news first? There is no passenger rail service to Wichita, Kansas. The closest it comes is Newton, Kansas which is about 25 - 30 miles away.

To travel from Tampa to Newton takes well over 2 days and your routing is Tampa to Washington D C to Chicago to Newton. You change trains twice along the way. This would be a miserable trip with a 1 year old along.

The quickest flight is Northwest Airlines 881 / 5925 via Memphis at 4 hours 11 minutes. That would sure beat 2 1/2 days on a train.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment