Sunday, December 22, 2013

Traveling on plane with toddler, what to pack?

toddler travel apps on Baby Pack & Go, A Must Have iPhone App for Parents on the Go. | PRLog
toddler travel apps image



New Mommy!


In a couple of months we'll be going to Florida with our 3.5 year old. Last time we flew on a plane with him he was 3 weeks old and slept the entire flight. I got a connecting flight just to give him a chance to get off the plane and walk around for a couple of hours.

My question is what should I pack for him? I've read a lot of articles of people suggesting we pack books and his favorite toys. Others suggest we pack very little because everything will get thrown under the seats or lost. I have an iPad in which he has a folder of educational apps which he likes and is entertained. I will download more educational apps before we leave and that he has not seen. I think I might download a few movies just in case, but am concerned if they will play on the plane. Also less carry on baggage.

Any other suggestions? Our nephew has a nintendo dsi and my son is absorbed in the Mario game, but I think that might be pushing it with so many electronics for such a little guy.

TIA!



Answer
I took my daughter on a plane last summer when she was 3 1/2 and we packed very little.

The iPad sounds like a great idea, I packed a Nintendo DS, but that's just what we had, if he has a few games that he loves and a new movie (or an old favorite) that should keep him occupied for several hours. Just don't forget to bring headphones!
I would also bring some gum and/or hard candies to help him pop his ears and bring a small water bottle (bring it empty and fill it once you get past security). I would also bring handi-wipes and a favorite blankie or snuggle toy.

Keep in mind, also, that airports don't usually have child friendly food or drinks. Because you are traveling with a toddler you can bring extra liquids as long as they are in sealed containers. I brought a few juice boxes and a few single serve boxes of shelf stable milk (I used Horizon, but I think there are other brands as well) as well as an empty sippy cup and a few sturdy snacks (fruit snacks, granola bars and Wasa crackers).

Mommies: do you have any iPhone apps. to recommend for entertaining your Toddler while shopping/traveling?




�-(�`v�


So far I only have a couple apps. for my 2 yr old son on my iPhone. I have the Baby flash cards and a couple other similar ones, and I have a few Mickey Mouse Club House and Diego YouTube videos on my 'Favorites' list on the phone, but that's about it. I am curious if anyone has any other suggestions for iPhone apps (or YouTube videos) to entertain a Toddler while out and about shopping, or on long road trips?

- мaÑк's Ïifee -



Answer
My toddler loves Peekaboo Barn and The Elephant Song app. They are both really cute.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment