Sunday, December 22, 2013

toddlers and regular cups.....?

toddler travel mug on Elephant Mugs | Elephant Coffee Mugs & Cups | Travel Mugs - CafePress
toddler travel mug image
Q. so my 19 month old is becoming very attached to his sippy cup, and it is time to make the switch to a big boy cup... he will often drink from our cups with me holding it with no problem, but if i let him do it himself then he does not put the rim of the cup in between his lips.. more like on the his chin and then spills it everywhere...lol.. so my question is ...
" is there certain cups that i should buy for him that are better for a learning toddler?'.. and .. "how long did it take for your child to actually get the hang of using a big boy/girl cup?"

thanks


Answer
I got my daughter the cups by Playtex, the coolster ones. It resembles a travel mug, but still has the no spill suction in it. My daughter will be 3 and still uses these cups, only time she gets an actual cup is during meals where she's sitting at the table so there are no worries of spills!

http://www.playtexproductsinc.com/infant/images/cups_coolster_tumbler.jpg

Do you have any advice on weaning a toddler?

Q. He has a healthy diet of solids and mostly just nurses to sleep.
I'm thinking about weaning my (almost) 15 month old. I had planned to let him self ween or try and start the weaning process closer to 18 months...but I'm getting medical advice to stop nursing.

Does anyone have any tips?
I'll e-mail you Organic...don't want to share it on here.
Okay...it is a medical issue with me. My body is shutting down due to lack of nutrition. I'm working on that part, but in the mean time I am getting advice to stop nursing for my health's sake. I really don't want to.


Answer
my only advice is to do it ***gradually*** and replace each nursing session with something...extra cuddles, extra one on one play time, etc.

may i ask what the medical advice is and who it's coming from???

EDIT: just wanted to say that although i don't know her official qualifications, MysticEye is actually pretty knowledgeable regarding nursing (as are Pippin and Ubber/Obber if you ever read their nursing Q&A) i've been following their Q&A for about a yr and a half (NOT in a stalker-ish way!LOL) and i take their nursing advice seriously âº

Ellie, i emailed you back, basically just said try upping your nutrients (specifically iron) by adding some fruit and kale/spinach smoothies. also, as a mom to a toddler, i'm sure you pack snacks for B to have throughout the day. pack some for yourself as well!
examples: a baggie of broccoli, carrots. smoothie in a thermos/travel mug.

also, when you cook, add some extra veggies.
example: layer some spinach in with the ricotta/meat/noodles when you make lasagna. make your own tomato sauce with fresh tomatoes. or at least add in some fresh veggies (whole or if you have a picky toddler/hubby blended and add into the sauce). mix some beans in with your brown rice. add some spinach/broccoli/tomatoes in with your eggs.
here is a link for iron rich foods
http://www.healthcastle.com/iron.shtml

EDIT #2: wow...Adam *is* hawt! call me....;-)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment