Friday, February 21, 2014

Connecting Flight at JFK?




BrwnSuga


I just found out that Jetblue will be using Terminal 5 from October 22 and we'll be flying with them next month after arriving at Terminal 4. My question, can I walk to Terminal 5 from Terminal 4 or it's too far and AirTrain is the fastest way to reach it? We'll have less than 2 hours to make our domestic connecting flight.
Also, can I use the skycaps once we get off the airtrain (I'd only have 1 checked in luggage with me but I'm travelling alone with a toddler).



Answer
Take the AirTrain. Two hours is plenty of time. I do not think that there are Skycaps at the AirTrain stations.

Changing Terminals at JFK?




BrwnSuga


I will be arriving at JFK by Emirates Airlines at Terminal 4 at 1.50 PM and will need to grab my checked in luggage (will bring 1 rolling suitcase) then have to go to Terminal 6 to catch our Jet Blue's flight scheduled for 3:59 PM to West Palm Beach, FL.

Will that be enough time for me to clear customs and go thru immigration (I'm a US permanent resident) as I'll be travelling with my 22 months old toddler?

Or should I just picked the next flight after that one? Which will be at 7:50 PM.

Thanks!



Answer
As long as the line in customs/immigration is not long, you should have plenty of time. To get around the airport, JFK has the AirTrain. Waiting until 7:50 will be difficult because you will have to keep the baby entertained and then have to buy food at the airport which can be expensive. Go with the the 3:59 pm flight and if you miss the flight, see if JetBlue can put you on the 7:50 pm flight.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment