Sunday, February 16, 2014

My toddler travelling to USA without me, what docs does he need?




Elle


My 2 1/2yr old canadian born son is about to come to the USA with my mother in law. He hasn't got his citizenship papers yet so he'll be using his canadian passport. Also my mother in law is a chinese citizen and will be travelling with a visa here. I returned to the US (I'm an american born citizen) two months ago without him, leaving him to visit his dad in China. Now he'll be returning without either of us but only my mother in law. What docs does he need to be able to enter America? Do I need to write a letter of authorization of some sort as well as his dad? What about him entering the USA from China? will he have to have a visa as well and which one? They told me before he wouldn't need one since he technically is a citizen, but I've heard mixed things and don't want to leave it to chance.


Answer
He will definitely need a passport and a notarized letter of consent from both parents. I'm not sure on the visa though.

What are the requirements for a toddler traveling out of the country?




Erica


My one year old will be traveling to England with his grandmother in October. I know when my husband was younger he could travel on his parents passports for awhile but I don't know if that would work or if I have to get him his own.


Answer
He will need his own passport. It is currently taking 4 to 6 weeks to get a passport. See site below for all passport application info for a child. He will also need a letter of permission signed by both parents and notarized. see 2nd site. On 4th page, you can print out a form. You are wise to be planning ahead like this.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment